Saturday, January 15, 2011

Checking In...

...after my way-too-long absence! I have been remiss in the past week as we have dealt with snow and ice here in the Deep South (we haven't had snow/ice on the ground this long since the Blizzard of '93!) and as my children have been transitioning back into school after the holidays - not an easy task when that ever-elusive white stuff is hanging around!

Here's a couple of pics:


These first two were taken Monday, January 11, after the storm Sunday night. The roads were an absolute mess Monday; Tuesday they were passable, but by no means anywhere near completely safe. If you have ever traveled through the Birmingham area, you know that most of our interstates are elevated through the city, and the city proper is in a valley surrounded by the Appalachian foothills (where most everyone lives). This made travel extremely difficult, and there were icy patches on overpasses even yesterday.

I took this picture yesterday after we had been out at lunchtime. That icicle was over two feet long!

I am also sending my deepest apologies for my neglect to post the Daily Bible Readings this past Sunday. I am working a plan to post these where they are accessible even if I am not able to make a blog post. Please stay tuned...

Thank you for taking the time today to visit with me...I pray that I am not away so long before my next post.

There is joy on this journey, on my way home to my Father's house,
Cindy <><

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,

    It sure sounds and looks like you have been getting alot of snow. The icicle looks pretty "scary!" I hope you are staying safe as you travel to work in the snow. Since I don't get snow where I live, I don't have any idea what it's like to drive in the snow.

    Well, take care dear lady, and try not to work too hard.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    It's just little ole' me, again! :)

    I have given you the Sunshine Award. to receive your reward, please visit the link to my blog at:

    http://aqueeninhercastle.blogspot.com/2011/01/who-needs-some-sunshine.html.

    Have a blessed day! :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...