Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We dreamt of a White Christmas...


 ...and although it was not a lot, it was the closest we have come in my lifetime.


Many areas just north of us had at least an inch on Christmas Day - some several inches! It snowed gently for the better part of the day, making this Christmas a real treat for those of us in the Deep South.


My son actually woke up about 3:30 AM (well, to be honest, I was awake by around 3:00 myself), but my husband kept telling him to go back to bed until he figured out that I was wide awake too, so we forced Sis to get up to open presents at around 4:00. That's why it's so dark outside in the picture below!


My favorite part of Christmas Day is seeing the excitement in my children's eyes as they unwrap their presents and receive the gifts that they have been hoping for. It never gets old, no matter how old they get.

I hope your Christmas was blessed, and that those blessings spill over into the New Year!

There is joy on this journey, on my way home to my Father's house,
Cindy <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...