Monday, November 8, 2010

Things I wish and hope and pray for…

© Printmaster

… I wish I could get enough sleep, without feeling guilty about taking the time to get it.
…I wish that I could keep my house company ready – not eat-off-the-floors clean, but at least neighbor clean. ;)
…I wish I had the money to hire a maid. Or at least a cleaning service.
…I wish to be more patient with my kids.
…I wish I could lose weight – that my thyroid condition wouldn’t sabotage me and that doing what normal people do to lose weight would make me lose instead of gain!
…I wish I had time to exercise every day. (I can’t always get in even 15 minutes, although when I can, I do feel better.)

…I hope, when my children have finished their home education, that we will have covered a wide enough variety of subjects in sufficient depth that all doors will be open to them as they embark on their life’s work.
…I hope that my husband and I might get to go on a date sometime before our 20th wedding anniversary next year.
…I hope that we will be able to purchase a small farm – this would be a fulfillment of my husband’s and my dream.
…I hope that my children will be led to homeschool their own children someday, and that my daughter and my future daughter-in-law will be able to be stay-at-home moms.
…I hope that our nation will return to the principles of our Founding Fathers.

…I pray for my husband and my children.
…I pray for the revival of our nation.
…I pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
…I pray that I would be a better witness, and that I would be a vine that bears fruit.
…I pray that my children will be greater witnesses than I have been, and that they might bear even more fruit.
…I pray that someone out there will be blessed in some way by this blog.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me! You are bringing joy to it!

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,

    I loved reading your thoughts here. Not just for this particular post, but your blog in general. I am hoping that more Christian ladies are viewing your blog.

    At any rate, I have a thyroid issue too, but it's getting under control now. However, I have other "medical issues" that I must deal with regularly. What I am trying to say is that you are not alone here.

    Loosing/maintaining weight is a tricky thing. Once you loose the "undesired pounds," you have the joy of trying to keep them away, a stage that I am at right now. Besides, it's not all that glorious to be "slim and trim," because it goes to your head. Learn from someone (me) who is learning to be content with her weight without obsessing about it.

    I hear you in regards to the date nights. However, after being ill on the days of my first two wedding anniversaries (1st and 2nd),I have learned to try and take date nights in stride and just be thankful for even the "little times" when I can get together with my husband between his long working hours and me not getting sick.

    At any rate, I appreciate you sharing your heart on your blog, I really do.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    P.S. I'm sorry if this blog post got a little long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Rose,
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! You are so sweet! I will be praying for you with your health problems, too. Sorry for the delay in getting the comment up; I didn't get a chance to get online until now. I hope that I can reach more people, I am just not sure how...

    Anyway,I hope you have a blessed day!
    Cindy <><

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...