Friday, November 5, 2010

A Mother's Legacy

As I go through the motions of getting through each day, I carry in the back of my mind the goals I have for my children’s education, but I feel as if I am moving in slow motion getting there, while time is speeding by in fast-forward. I wonder, when they think back on these years, what will they remember?

Will they remember Mama rushing them through the day, trying to keep up with the schedule? Will they remember any of the material we are trying to cover? Will they regret missing out on things that their public school friends got to do? I wonder what legacy am I leaving my children?

I guess I may never know the answer to that question, but I sincerely hope and pray that my actions each day would be directed toward leaving them a legacy of love for Jesus, love for family and love for home wherever life takes them, and a knowledge firmly planted in their hearts of the depth of their mother’s love for them.

There is joy on this journey, on my way home to my Father's house,
Cindy <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...