Friday, November 12, 2010

Evening Hymn

© Printmaster
Glory to thee, my God, this night,
For all the blessings of the light;
Keep me, O, keep me, King of kings,
Beneath thy own almighty wings!

Forgive me, Lord, for thy dear Son,
The ill that I this day have done;
That with the world, myself, and thee
I, ere I sleep, at peace may be.

Teach me to live, that I may dread
The grave as little as my bed;
To die, that this vile body may
Rise glorious at the judgment day.

O, may my soul on thee repose,
And may sweet sleep mine eyelids close, -
Sleep, that may me more vigorous make
To serve my God when I awake!

When in the night I sleepless lie,
My soul with heavenly thoughts supply;
Let no ill dreams disturb my rest,
No powers of darkness me molest.

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him, all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

-Bishop Thomas Ken

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,

    I enjoyed reading the words of this poetic hymn.

    I'm hoping that you are not feeling too stressed about things, and I pray that the Lord will continue to give you the strength you need to face each day refreshed.

    Take great care.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...