Friday, October 29, 2010

In Memorium...

...of another of our beloved dogs, Ginger...

Ginger, as a youngster
She always loved to stretch out in the yard...

Always happy...

...and faithful.

She suffered with heartworms, which were too advanced at the time of diagnosis for treatment. She has had over two very good years since the diagnosis, but over the last couple of weeks her health deterioriated drastically, and we had to make the difficult decision Thursday afternoon to have her put down.  Cody is taking this particularly hard, as we have had her for as long as he can remember. We got her from one of his friends in his daycare when he was about two years old.


In her old age...
She was about  11-1/2 years old, and we are all taking it pretty hard. Please pray for my family in this difficult time.

It was only three months ago that we lost Sue to cancer, and it's really hard on everyone.


But we are thankful to God for the wonderful gift He has given us in the companionship of these precious animals.

There is joy on this journey, on my way home to my Father's house,
Cindy <><

5 comments:

  1. I lost a dog to heart worm and it was so sad. The vet kept jeer alive too long and she was so sad. The four legged family members see much loved and always sadly missed. Thinking of your family.

    I write this as my two cats play fight under my chair and jump over me to get to the other side of the room. They are so entertaining to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,
    Thank you for your comment. I love cats, too! It will be an adjustment, but there is comfort in the fact that she isn't suffering anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,

    I am sorry to hear that you lost Ginger. I own a few pets myself (cats), and if anything were to happen to them, I think that I would be quite upset.

    When I was unmarried and living with my parents, we had a dog named, Ruffles. He was about 9 years old, and he literally went "blind and crazy." We had to put him to sleep because he was quite miserable. It was a very sad time for our family.

    At any rate, I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry... I know how hard this is on you all, especially a child. Dogs, cats etc are so precious. They become a member of the family, and saying good bye is never easy.

    After the grief subsides and when the timing is right, it might be beneficial to get another doggie. (From the refuge or shelters is a wonderful thing to do).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Lady Rose and Amanda, for your thoughts and prayers. You're right, saying goodbye is very hard, even when you know it is for the best. However, my husband has emphatically said that we will be getting no more dogs at this time, as we already have three other large dogs in the yard (and sometimes in-and-out of the house. We will just love them all the more!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...