Saturday, February 13, 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

It is so rare that we get a good snow here in central Alabama! Everything shuts down, and everyone goes out to play. I got a few pictures while the snow cover was still pristine...
A view from my front porch


Looking out my side kitchen window


More, from the front porch (you can see where Cody et al. have been riding bikes up and down the hill - he's having his birthday party this weekend - air soft war, of course)


A pesky sweet gum that I can't seem to kill (it's pretty here, though)

I know you people from up North think we're nuts for being so excited about a couple of inches of snow, but down here we pray for this every year! No school, no work - as long as the power doesn't go out, it's a regular winter free-for-all. It's like a winter-time block party. Good times; good, good times.

There is joy on this journey, on my way home to my Father's house,
Cindy <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...