Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting It All Done Tip #7: Get Enough Sleep

“In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat – for he grants sleep to those he loves.” (Psalm 127:2, NIV)

Sleep is often elusive for me, because I just don’t have time for it. It seems so useless to me to by lying there doing nothing. But neglecting this very important part of life isn’t a good idea for me, or anyone. In trying to keep up with the to-do list and the schedule, I’ll often get up early or stay up late – um, in my case, later – and all I do is end up ruining my time with my family because I am in a bad mood since I am (inexcusably) tired. What good does that do me?

So, I have learned that as I plan my day, I need remember to allocate enough time for sleep, even if I have to plan time for sleeping a little late some days. It’s a word to the wise for you, too. Perhaps you might need to plan on going to bed earlier, if you must be at work in the morning. For without enough rest, nothing you do can be done at 100%. You can’t work as efficiently, which will put you further behind. You don’t think as clearly, which will affect your judgment. Trust me on this one; I know from experience.

Besides, our Father wants for us to be at rest in our bodies and at peace in our hearts. He knows our needs, even down to the smallest details. He doesn't want us worrying about how we're going to "get it all done," either. He want us to work at all we do as if we were doing it for Him, and rest peacefully knowing we have done all we can do.

"The sleep of a laborer is sweet…” (Ecclesiastes 5:12a, NIV)

“‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.’” (Matthew 11: 28-30, NIV)


There is joy on this journey, on my way home to my Father's house,
Cindy <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...