Thursday, November 12, 2009

Getting It All Done Tip #6: Exercise Regularly

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." (I Timothy 4:8, NIV)
You may be thinking, “Why should I take exercise advice from a fat girl?” Because it’s good advice, regardless of the source. ;)

It is well known that exercise has many benefits, including reducing your stress levels, increasing your energy levels, and possibly reducing your waist line (and who doesn’t need that – especially this fat girl!).

This is information we all already know, but the problem for most of us is usually finding the time. But you don’t have to be preparing for a marathon in order to benefit from exercise. In The South Beach Diet Supercharged, author Arthur Agatston, MD, presents an exercise plan that is effective and very time efficient. I have been following this plan, and I have found that in less than 20 minutes a day, I can get a beneficial cardio workout that makes me feel better mentally and physically.

The important thing is to commit to do it, at least 5 days a week. Personally, I know that I may not experience weight loss from exercising because I am hypothyroid. After my son was born, my health really deteriorated finally resulting in a diagnosis of Hashimoto’s disease, an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid is attacked and eventually killed by the body’s own immune system. I am on replacement hormones, but losing weight has become very, very difficult. My body works against me, and when I am doing everything I should be doing in order to lose weight, I’m prone to actually gain. Talk about frustrating!

I have resolved, however, that whether I can lose weight or not, if exercising regularly is good for my heart and helps me handle the stress of my day better, then those few minutes are time well spent. And, LORD willing, maybe I’ll shed a few pounds in the process.

There is joy on this journey, on my way home to my Father's house,
Cindy <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...