Friday, October 30, 2009

Getting It All Done Tip #2: Redeem the Time

As I am writing this it is actually 6:50 AM, and I am not supposed to be awake. I work an evening shift, which means that I don't get home until the wee hours of the morning. I tend to be very grumpy when I don't get enough sleep, so the kids would be upset with me if they knew I was up and about. However, for some reason I awoke early this morning, and since I couldn't get back to sleep, I figured I might as well get my day started. My hope is that I will be able to take a nap before I have to leave for work this afternoon...

Anyway, the tip is to use the time you have wisely. Don't waste it by spending too much time on the Internet (although I do appreciate you reading my blog!), and don't let the Time Thief (aka the TV) rob you of precious time you could be spending with your family or in knocking off a few items on the To Do list.

For example, right now I could just lie in bed and bemoan the fact that I wish I were asleep, but what would that accomplish? "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven..." (Ecclesiastes 3:1, NIV) And with God's grace on the day, perhaps I will exude a sweet spirit, and not a grumpy one. I think it's time right now to pray for that...

There's joy on this journey, as I'm On My Way Home to My Father's House,
Cindy <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog! I am so happy to hear from you. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a note here. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...